Saturday, December 19, 2015

When people without kids tell me they're exhausted

I've always believed that having kids was one of the greatest gifts I have ever received!
Talk about enlightenment! Everything I ever thought life was, was completely dissolved when my babies came into this world. Humility became my strength.

Learning to let go of control, ended up being my hardest challenge, but one that i have accomplished, and am so grateful that the hardships my kids have shown me, was really only my own.

I am still constantly reminded that their is so much more in this world outside of myself and my own needs, but also that taking care of myself is important, in order to take care of them. Its a fine balance.

But more importantly, I see that these beautiful gifts that were bestowed upon me, are not really mine. They are a part of something much bigger than me. they are the future of our world. They remind me that nothing is permanent, that my job is to love them, care for them, and teach them. But to do so with no expectation, with no return, and the reward is the experience, the love and these moments that I get with them.

I know what the gift of having kids has brought for me, and its the best gift i have ever received. Without kids i dont believe i wouldve ever gotten any of these things, but that is my experience.

For those people that dont have kids, you will never understand my journey. But, you were never meant to. Its not your story. Its mine. i hope that you get the opportunities/hardships/whatever it is for you, that helps you find your own Path to the enlightened you.
 
As for the picture, well, i find it funny. I see the truth in it for me, when i have conversations with others that dont have kids, and they try and make the comparison. The humor is not in that they dont have kids, but rather, that they are on a different path, that doesnt compare. Its like saying "I totally understand what it was like growing up with your parents! " They just dont compare. There's no right/wrong, but there's also no comparison.

Life is not meant to be easy, its meant to be lived. I see the path that I am on, and the truth in it and I am grateful that i get to to continue this life of of blessings, hardships, and opportunities, because that is my path, and I chose to live it! I hope the same for all of you.

No comments: