Monday, January 6, 2014

A New Year bringing Ethics to Yoga

As all things in Yoga take what you need from it, and if it doesn't fit in your life right now, thats ok. There is no pressure on what is offered, only a generous practice of offerings.

  With that said, over the next few months I will be offering a bit of information on the Yamas and Niyamas, in my classes. These are two of the 8 limbs of yoga that focus on the mental ethical practice of Yoga, the foundation of yoga thought.

As we explore these limbs in class, I will also post some of the material here, so you can have it for your own personal exploration, along with a few other tools to help you expand and learn more in the thought process of Yoga.

  I hope you enjoy this new session, feel free to ask questions, and share what you are learning here or with me personally. I love hearing your journeys. If you are new to Yoga and looking to join us feel free to check out my schedule at www.yourfitguru.com/krismyers

Namaste,
Kris

1 comment:

Kris said...

The first week is the study of Ahimsa. We first practice a nonviolent approach to our practice, followed by bringing courage on and off the mat...be prepared to break out some balance this week with an a new look at how we see our though process and examine our inner dialogue.